If you have found my website then you may be searching for a way out of pain, or to restore joy in your life. Or perhaps you want to find your own deep wisdom and guidance toward a specific goal and would like some new skills or perspective. Or you may be grieving, or in a major life transition, or want to renew or repair a relationship. Or you may have had a trauma, recently or in the past, that needs to resolve so you can move on.
Twenty five years of professional and personal life experience contribute to an eclectic and seasoned perspective. Over time, I will be developing this website and eventually a blog. Please stay tuned.
I will be adding more regarding my approach to therapy, but to put it succinctly, I move from an absolute belief in each persons’ unique life path and intuitive direction for healing (this includes couples). Together we draw from the deep well of mindfulness and the felt sense of the body. Learning to track our direct experience as it flows from moment to moment is foundational. Learning how to engage capacities of the body/mind in order to finally resolve our trouble is calming, satisfying and empowering. When we recognize our innate ability to heal and move on it is exhilarating. And when we have confidence restored, we can simply realize who we are. Whole and true.
But, in the meantime, my education and background include some of the following:
- Attended Parsons School of Design for two summers during high school and developed a life long love of art.
- Graduated the University of Rhode Island, in 1982, majoring in psychology. Graduate level courses focused on the anatomy and physiology of the brain, and processes of change and transformation.
- Graduated the University of Connecticut, School of Social Work, majoring in casework, 1988.
- Certified in Body-centered Gestalt therapy, 1997
- Certified in Life Coaching from Coaching for Therapists Institute, 2000.
- Certified in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, 2005
- Certified in Imago Relationship Skills Training, 2007. Assistant to Maya Kollman, in training professionals.
- Certified in Somatic Experiencing, 2011. Assistant in training other professionals in the US and Canada
- Member of Women of Faith, anti-nuclear action group, 1983-85
- Arrest for civil disobedience for Gay/Lesbian Civil Rights. Charged with Interference with the General Assembly, 1987
- AIDS Project Hartford, Facilitator of Family and friends support groups, 1988-1991
- AIDS activist, 1988-present
- Environmental educator-in-training, Audubon, Salisbury, Conn. 1992
- Appointed Member of Bloomfield, Connecticut, Town Conservation, Environment and Education Committee, 2003